Who we are
Capwatt is an innovating company which promotes integrated energy solutions, maximising synergies between decentralised production, provision of services and sale of energy, centralising all information on one digital multiplatform and contributing to a sustainable energy model.
Today, we are present in Portugal, Mexico and Spain, and manage a wide portfolio of projects currently in operation. We are recognised as an independent energy producer.
Sustainability is in our DNA. Each day we commit to care for the environment and to contribute to the betterment of the community to which we belong. We have been, since 2018, a company certified for our Quality, Environmental and Safety standards.
We are a company wholly owned by Sonae Capital. Founded in 2008, we took advantage of the experience and know-how acquired in the development, operation and maintenance of decentralised energy production projects within the Group, dating back to the late eighties, thus transforming a collection of assets and competences into an autonomous business focused on the energy efficiency optimisation of our clients.
To learn more about Sonae Capital, visit www.sonaecapital.pt
To be an energy company of excellence, a leader in the transition to sustainability, with a focus on the energy optimisation of business clients.
Our business model
We assume the responsibility for all activities involved in the implementation of projects, from the development phase, through licensing and investment, until the construction phase, asset management and operations, with the goal of building strong and long-lasting relationships with our clients, always with a win-win mentality.
Our value proposal
For us, efficiency makes the difference!
We establish close, strong and long-lasting relationships with our partners and clients
We manage and monitor energy assets remotely in the most efficient way
We simplify and reduce your energy costs
We manage, represent and operate assets at the same time as promoting their energy efficiency
We roll out flexible and tailor-made projects, customised to your needs
We have the technological understanding and experience consolidated in different technologies
We share a culture of continuous improvement in the areas of quality, safety and environment
We have the guarantee of credibility of belonging to the Sonae universe
Policy of integrated management
We are an organisation committed to an efficient future. We have invested in the certification of international norms in order to achieve our quality, environmental and safety objectives, to fulfil the legislation and to continuously improve our performance. Capwatt is committed to:
- Guarantee the fulfilment of legislation and applicable regulations;
- The continuous improvement of the integrated management system;
- Satisfy applicable requirements;
- Eliminate, replace, control technically, redesign, signal/warn and/or define procedures and personal protective equipment in order to reduce the level of risk;
- Promote the consultation and participation, training and awareness of all employees;
- Provide safe working conditions which prevent harm, injury and damage to health;
- Prevent pollution and protect the environment, making use of natural resources and energy in a rational and sustainable way;
- Continuously improve our environmental and energy performance, by minimising environmental impact and promoting the best available techniques.